Single Day Weightlifting Camp – CFA – Saturday August 5th 9am-2:30pm
CrossFit Allen / CrossFit Wylie Training Camps are geared towards both coaches and athletes of all levels. It’s common knowledge that efficiency of movement and precision are key elements to the successful completion of the Snatch and Clean and Jerk. The Olympic lifts are highly complex and easily faulted. The goal of this weightlifting only camp is three-fold:
- Give the attendee an above average understanding of the major concepts of the Olympic lifts and the capacity to see, understand, and repair their own mistakes and the mistakes of others.
- Help attendees comprehend and gain knowledge of the foundational principles surrounding the lifts starting at the basic level and moving to very complex including but not limited to biomechanic advantages and disadvantages to certain start positions, best practices for lifting based on body segment lengths, and core principles that every lifter must be taught and understand at the very beginning.
- Eyes on coaching under load in which the attendee will gain immediate feedback and have the ability to see the coach spot and fix common errors in lifting groups.
Head Coach & Owner at CrossFit Wylie
Weightlifting Coach for Power & Grace Performance
- USA Weightlifting National Coach
- Crossfit Level II
- Coach to multiple current National Weightlifting Champions and World Championship Team Members
- Current American Record Holder in the Snatch and C&J for Youth and Junior 53kg Division.
- Multiple National Championships
- Jr. World Championship Team Member
- 9:00am-9:45am: Learn Basic Snatch Positions
- 9:45am-11:00am: Practice Snatch Positions
- 11:00am-12:00pm: Group Lunch Break
- 12:00pm-12:45pm: Learn Basic Jerk Positions
- 12:45pm-1:30pm: Learn Basic Clean Positions
- 1:30pm-2:30pm: Practice Clean & Jerk Positions